Friday 3 May 2013

Latest Mothers Day Poems


Mothers play an amazing role in nearly every persons life. Not surprisingly, it has led to a countless number of incredible poetry being discussed them. Here are just a few great poems for mother's day. Actually, since moms (or mums for you British English speakers), are extremely important to us, you should let her know how great she is every single day of the year!

Below are ten hand-picked poems for the special women out there. Print them, share them, post them on Facebook. Do anything you can. And if you can't, make sure to at least tell her you love her.
Only One Mother

Only One Mother
Countless stars in the pretty sky,
Countless shells on the shore together,
Countless birds that go singing by,
Countless lambs in the sunny weather.
Countless dewdrops to greet the dawn,
Countless bees in the purple clover,
Hundreds of butterflies around the lawn,
But only one mother the planet wide over.

So Blessed on your part, Mom 

So Blessed on your part, Mom
A mother who always cares,
A parent who’s always there.
A mother who always prays,
A parent who always stays.
When things get rough,
When life gets tough,
When all is simply too much to bear,
God’s Word she shares.
God’s light she shines.
So blessed God chose to make this mother mine.
I Still Miss Her

I Still Miss Her
It appears as though only yesterday
I sent a Mother’s Day card away.
didn't think it might be the last,
I signed it with love and mailed it fast.
Since she has gone away,
It doesn't seem like  Mother’s Day.
There are no more chances to transmit a card,
To ship some flowers, to create a call.
There’s no more thanking her for those she’s done.
No more visits,
Forget about fun.
I cannot hug her or kiss her cheek.
I am unable to even share a laugh.
Everything too quickly became the past.
I took each visit together with her for granted.
I thought there’d always be more in the future.
The camera lies still now
From her use and mine.
All of the pictures have been taken,
All of the memories have been made.
All of the words have been spoken,
All of the letters have been mailed.
The one thing I miss the most of
Has got to be her voice
Whether around the telephone or talking in person.
I’d wish for one more conversation either here or at her place.
I understand I’ll see her again at some point,
We’ll share the sights of heaven.
We’ll talk, we’ll laugh, we’ll hug,
We’ll kiss….it’ll be Mother’s Day once again.
But until then I’ll be a mom for Mother’s Day rather than
Being a daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment